Pricing & Plans
Studio & One-bedroom Apartments (2)
- Sizes: 57m2
- Level’s 2 & 4
- Bathrooms: 1
- Apartments: 6 & 12
Two-bedroom Apartments (8)
- Sizes: 71-98m2
- Level’s 1, 2, 3 & 4
- Bathrooms: 1
- Apartments: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10
Three-bedroom Apartments (3)
- Sizes: 113-147m2
- Level’s 1, 2 & 4
- Bathrooms: 1 / 1.5
- Apartments: 2, 11 & 13
INCLUDED: All apartments are self-contained with fridge freezer, dishwasher, and induction hob & oven. Rent includes power, water and cleaning for common spaces, full access to the roof hub facilities and use of washing machines & dryers.
EXCLUDED: In addition to your rent you will be charged monthly for water, power and internet usage for your own apartment. Use of guest room is charged per night, and the electric car is charged per use. The vege gardens are run as residents collective and currently it is $20 to join per person and $5 per month, which all go towards running the gardens.
CHEAPER UTILITIES: The design of our power, water and internet systems allows significant savings. For the 12 months to Feb 2022 on average each Apartment saved $1854 compared to Auckland average (47% lower).
See analysis attached here (click for utility savings).
LENGTH OF LEASE: Long-term leases of up to 10 years are available with initial leases a minimum of 12 months. However, the government’s recent changes to the Residential Tenancy Act make long leases less necessary for your security, and we will happily talk you through that. The important thing is that we would like you to feel you can settle in to 26 Aroha as your home, for as long as you like and we will endeavour to help you feel that is the case.
RENT INCREASES: We will review your rent every 12 months. We think it is important that rent changes are consistent and predictable, so for your future planing it is likely our rents will increase in the order of 3% per year.
NZ governent data shows Auckland rents have increased at an average of 3.8% per year for the last 25 years.
VALUATIONS: The rents at 26 Aroha have been assessed by an independant qualified valuer, based on examples in the current rental market.
Building and Apartment Plans
1 x Studio and 1 x One-bedroom apartment
The studio could also be a rentable officespace if enough 26 Aroha residents would like a shared facility to work without travel.
8 x two bedroom apartments
More on what’s included in each apartment below.
The apartments each include:
- Attractive corkoleum flooring supplied by Ecofloors, imported from Portugal, in kitchen, living, bathroom and hallways to provide good sound insulation
- 100% wool carpet in the bedrooms
- Thermal modelling to maintain temperatures between 18-24 degrees for most of the year without heating or cooling
- Small panel heater in the living area to take the edge off on the coldest days
- Double glazed windows with ventable latches to keep in the warmth but provide airflow to prevent condensation
- Breathable wool blend insulation in the walls from TerraLana
- Low power long lasting LED lighting supplied by ECC lighting
- Low water usage plumbing including taps and shower
- Custom designed kitchen and bathroom cabinetry by use-d
- Beautiful kitchen & bathroom fittings supplied by Franklins
- Stainless steel kitchen benches
- Bosch low power and water usage, quiet dishwasher
- Mitsubishi low power usage digital inverter fridge
- Beko combo oven and low energy fast cooking induction hob
- Extractor hood in kitchens and fan in bathrooms
- Wifi coverage on shared broadband network, with dedicated ethernet connections for TV streaming (Netflix, AppleTV, Neon, Freeview, etc)
- Balcony or Juliet balcony
All residents will have access to:
- The shared guestroom for visiting family and friends (for a reasonable nightly rate).
- The shared roof laundry – including Miele front loader low power & low water usage washing machines with optimal automatic detergent dispensing (we will provide detergent), and Miele heat pump super low power usage dryers
- Shared organic gardens, complete with beehives, worm farm, and compost for you to enjoy and get immersed in.
- A shared roof deck area with BBQ, outdoor lounge space, and sunny 360 degree views of Auckland